Thursday, February 23, 2012

Reviews

After watching my beastly brother Beau play Harvard in the freezing cold, my family and I were ready for a feast. The car was filled with my brothers Drew and Tyler, sister Holly, parents, and our family friend Augie Reimen and we were all starving after the long day. After debating on what to eat, we finally agreed on Chinese food. My mom went on Urban Spoon to look for a good Chinese restaurant. She read good reviews for a restaurant near by, so we decided to go. We pulled up to the restaurant the sign outside was half lit and there was only one table you could see inside. I was thinking, “oh shit not now I’m so hungry they probably cant even feed all of us”. We debated in the car for a few minutes whether we should go in or just drive somewhere else. My dad made the decision “we’re going in I’m not driving anywhere else” he said after having my mom direct him around the city for fifteen minutes. We squeezed in at our table trapped between the kitchen and the door. Our server was wearing a wife beater showing off his tattoos and defined arms. Soon after we ordered we got our food, it looked great and smelled great to. Everyone started eating and stopped talking, the food was outstanding the meat was moist and the veggies were fresh. My mother even said “this is the best Chinese food I have had in a long time”. Sometimes looks can be deceiving. This is why reviews can be great. I guarantee most people look at that restaurant and drive right past. I know I would have. Although our review turned out to be great, reviews are not always the most reliable. Social media apps on your IPhone or computer make it easy to access reviews. Social media also allows everybody to be a critic so you often don’t know whom to trust. Without social media there were only a few critics but they were all credible. You would be able to decide which critic you agree with and stick with them. You can still do that today, there are just a lot more options and less credible sources out there. It would be beneficial for you to find one credible source that you consistently agree with, so you wont have to fret if the review is legitimate or not.

No comments: